LCF Welcomes New Members and Celebrates Expo Thanksgiving
The League of Corporate Foundations (LCF), in its Annual Membership Meeting held August 28, welcomed Rebisco Foundation, Inc. (RFI) and Uygongco Foundation, Inc. (UFI) as the organization’s newest members.
RFI representative, Executive Director Ms. Carmela Caringal, introduced the foundation and its vision to “be a vital component towards the economic development and growth of communities through Education and Youth Development,” with programs such as the Educational Support and Training for Underprivileged Youth (ESTUDY) and the School Enhancement and Educators’ Development (SEED). Despite being unable to send a representative, UFI’s presence was felt through a presentation showcasing its vision to “develop host communities of La Filipina Uy Gongco Corporation Group of Companies (LFUGC GoC) that are empowered, productive and self-sustaining through education.” Based in IloIlo City, UFI’s programs are focused on three objectives – Access to Education, Motivation to Stay in School, and Improve Quality of Educational Facilities & Teaching.
The meeting also served as a post-Expo Thanksgiving celebration to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of the LCF committees, trustees, members and secretariat in the planning and implementation of the 2014 LCF CSR Expo. A total of thirty-nine (39) member organizations gathered at the Top of the Citi Restaurant, Makati City.
July is Philippine CSR Month!
Announcement of Job Opportunity in LCF
Announcement of Job Opportunity/ Call for Applications (1)
The League of Corporate Foundations (LCF) is need of an Administration and Finance Officer.
The Administration and Finance Officer shall have responsibility for LCF’s planning and management in accordance with LCF’s approved policies and procedures. He/she shall also provide the necessary administrative support to the Office of the Executive director including responsibility for personnel matters; technical advice to the project partners and staff; reviews and assesses the effectiveness of Internal Control System and Coordinates with sponsors, donors and funding agencies on financial matters.
The Administration and Finance Officer shall
- Initiate the process of budget planning.
- See to it that strict adherence to the approved budget and insofar as such has been funded, shall have responsibility over making available the financial resources required by LCF’s internal units.
- Prepare and review annual budget of the League and make it available according to a previously approved schedule and the necessary budgetary resources.
- Safeguard the financial and material resources of the League and keeps, in the most safe and appropriate location, all documents that prove ownership of such resources.
- Have responsibility over the auditing of the books of LCF.
- Be in-charge of the human resource requirements of LCF’s personnel. As such, he/she shall prepare in consultation with Executive Director and in coordination with all units, a plan that shall meet the requirements for strengthening the knowledge, skills and attitudes of LCF’s personnel and upon approval of such plan, shall ensure its implementation.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of all equipment of LCF office.
- Review contracts entered into by the League.
- Prepare LCF’s quarterly and annual financial report.
- Attend General Assembly and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Answer queries/ clarifications from member-organizations, funding agency and project partners on financial matters.
- Coordinate with External Auditors of LCF.
- Prepare annual schedules/ analysis of the Leagues accumulated expenses and savings to be relayed to the Executive Director.
- Perform other duties as may be delegated by the Executive Director.
The job is a regular position within the organization.
1. Graduate of Bachelor of Science in commerce, BSBA major in Accounting
2. At least three (3) years managerial experience preferably in a network/ NGO set-up.
3. Has an expertise in Office Administration, Human Resource Development, Fund Accounting and various areas of controllership in a supervisory capacity.
4. Can work effectively even under pressure
5. Possess the following skills:
Ø Excellent in oral and written communication
Ø Computer literate
Ø Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Ø Planning and analytical skills
Announcement of Job Opportunity/ Call for Applications (2)
The League of Corporate Foundations (LCF) is need of a Program Officer for the Corporate Social Responsibility Institute (CSRI).
The CSRI serves as the LCF’s capacity-building arm and works with LCF members, CSR practitioners, the academe and the business community through research and training programs. The LCF is a non-profit association composed of over 80 of the Philippines’ leading corporate foundations and corporations with corporate social responsibility and corporate social investment programs.
The Program Officer shall
- Organize and coordinate the implementation of CSRI’s programs and projects.
- Coordinate training workshops and other mechanisms for the development and improvement of the knowledge, skills and attitude of the LCF members.
- Assist in the conduct of research and studies to enhance CSRI and LCF program services.
- Writes reports and other required documentations of CSRI.
- Provides technical support to other staff and management of LCF.
The job is a regular position within the organization.
- College/University degree in Social Sciences or Development related disciplines
- At least 3 years experience in conducting trainings and workshops (preferably with middle managers)
- Knowledge and understanding of CSR concepts and practices is a plus
- Can plan, organize work with minimal supervision and ensure timely and efficient delivery of programs/services
- Can develop, set up and implement project activities and events
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders from various fields (ie. corporate, government, NGO, academe) on a sustained basis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitating skills
- Has good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in financial management and resource development is an advantage
- Computer-literate and internet savvy, with proficiency in providing online customer-service
- Must be a team-player
Interested parties may email CV to:
Address: Unit 305, Midland Mansions Condominium, 839 Arnaiz Avenue, Legazpi Village, Makati City
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.
July 1 marks the start of CSR Month!
“Commit. Strengthen. Rebuild.” - this year’s CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Month is lined up with various important and exciting events, all envisioned to promote nation building and collaborative action by various sectors in the country. The celebration, organized by the League of Corporate Foundations, encourages individuals and groups to take action and be a part in rebuilding and strengthening the Philippines after all the difficulties and challenges it faced last year. Representatives from the private sector continue to support the much awaited observance through the 13th annual CSR Expo on July 24. From the annual two day festivities held in previous years, LCF has expanded the 2014 Expo to a month-long celebration, with dynamic activities plotted all over the month of July throughout the entire country.
LCF has been holding this annual gathering to celebrate CSR in the Philippines since 2001. The expo brings together over six hundred representatives from different sectors such as the business community, corporate foundations, non-government organizations and members of the academe to discuss the latest trends, models and practices in CSR. Notable government officials graced the expo in previous years, including President Benigno S. Aquino III (2012 CSR Expo) and Senators Grace Poe and Bam Aquino (2013 CSR Expo).
Leading the 2014 LCF CSR Expo’s line-up of activities is the main Conference on July 24 (Tuesday) at the Mayuree Grand Ballroom, Dusit Thani Manila, Makati. The event features distinguished guest World Bank Country Director of the Philippines Mr. Motoo Konishi as the Keynote Speaker. Other prominent personalities to be expected at the conference are Bureau of Internal Revenue Commissioner Ms. Kim S. Jacinto-Henares, Private Sector Co-Chairman of the National Competitiveness Council Mr. Guillermo M. Luz and Department of Trade and Industry Undersecretary Ms. Nora Kakilala-Terrado. Moderating the sessions are seasoned media practitioners which include Ms. Ces Orena-Drilon (ABS-CBN), Mr. Mike Enriquez (GMA7) and Ms. Luchi Cruz-Valdes (TV5), representing the country’s three major radio and television networks. Discussions will focus on governance, building resilient communities and reinforcing public and private partnerships.
LCF also welcomes back its CSR Institute (CSRI) Lecture Series which targets students from universities across the metro. This year, CSRI brings the lecture to the universities in a caravan-type series, allowing students to listen and attend the sessions by LCF Member organizations the likes of Ayala Foundation, CEMEX Philippines Foundation, San Miguel Foundation and SM Foundation. The CSRI Lecture Series is scheduled from July 7 to July 18.
Much awaited as well are the special events organized by LCF’s 5 program-based committees. The Environment committee’s “Klima ng Pagbabago sa Nagbabagong Klima” on July 22 will be held at the Cleanergy Center, Bay, Laguna, from 8:00am – 5:00pm. July 25 features two lectures by the Enterprise Development committee, 8:00am – 12:00nn at The Laurel House (Shaw Boulevard), and the Education committee, 1:00pm – 6:00pm at the Department of Education’s Bulwagan ng Karunungan. The sessions are entitled “ASEAN Economic Community 2015: Are You Ready?” and “Towards More Strategic CSR in Education” respectively. On July 26, the Health committee will have its “HIP-HOP. Health is Precious, Health is Our Priority! An Amazing Health Fair” activity. It will be held at the RAVE Pasig from 7:00am – 12:00nn featuring activities such as Zumba classes and free haircut for senior citizens. Also on July 26 and rounding up the committee events is Arts & Culture’s “Rising from Ruin: The Story of Bohol,” a lecture and photo exhibit, 5:00pm – 8:00pm at The Gallery, Greenbelt 5.
The CSR Expo month ends with an Exhibit at the Glorietta Activity Centers 2, 3, 4 from July 29 – 31 (Tuesday – Thursday). The Exhibit features the initiatives and programs of both LCF and non-LCF members to help spread CSR awareness to the public.
The League of Corporate Foundations (LCF) is a network of 83 operating and grant-making corporate foundations and corporations that promotes and enhances strategic practice of Corporate Social Responsibility among its members and the larger business community, towards sustained national development. For more information on the 2014 LCF CSR Expo, http://www.lcfcsrexpo.com.