|Batangueños Learn CSR 101|
To provide business communities outside Metro Manila with a deeper understanding of corporate social responsibility, the Corporate Social Responsibility Institute (CSRI) of the League of Corporate Foundations (LCF) brought its learning event “CSR on the Go” to the Batangas business community last May 17 at the Pontefino Hotel and Residences in Batangas City.
The learning event featured seasoned CSR practitioners sharing best practices in delivering social investments and opening opportunities for networking and partnership building. Participants from firms in the Batangas and Laguna provinces took part in the seminar: Nestle Philippines, First Sumiden Circuits, NIDEC-Copal Philippines Corporation, Yamaha Motor Philippines, Koyo Manufacturing Phils Corporation, Sunhill Education, ICCP Group Foundation, BATELEC I, Batangas Health Care Hospital, Pilipinas Shell Foundation, Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation, Philippine Action Group for Social Responsibility, and Toyota Motor Philippines Foundation.
Basic topics in CSR were discussed by the following speakers invited by LCF:
- Gearing Up your CSR - San Miguel Foundation Executive Director and LCF President Camille Buenaventura
- Engaging Partners and Stakeholders - One Meralco Foundation Project Officer Eddielyn Addun
- Program Planning and Implementation Executive Vice President of Aboitiz Foundation and LCF Chairperson Augusto Carpio III
- Monitoring and Evaluation Lopez Group Foundation Project Director Dario Pagcaliwagan
- Communicating your CSR - CEMEX Philippines Corporate Communications Director Chito Maniago
Through this workshop, participants learned about the key strategies in implementing CSR; how to manage various stakeholders; how to identify impact evaluation metrics and develop monitoring and control mechanisms and the critical role of communicating CSR internally and externally. An open forum highlighted key issues on engaging the local government and community involvement in CSR projects.
LCF thanks its partners and sponsors: Batangas Province Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Globe Telecom, Nestle Philippines, One Meralco Foundation, Pilipinas Shell Foundation, and Toyota Motor Philippines Foundation.