The League of Corporate Foundations (LCF) continues to strengthen the camaraderie among its members and to provide learning opportunities for them through its General Membership Meeting, held September 11, 2015 at the Lima Park Hotel, Malvar Batangas. The event was well-attended by eighty (80) individuals from forty-three (43) member organizations.
Click here to view event photos
Two new members were introduced and formally inducted into the League during this first out-of-town assembly of LCF. Lao Foundation, Inc. (LFI), represented by its executive director Mr. Paul Alfaro, is a Quezon City-based organization which contributes in empowering its beneficiaries through three major programs and services – education, values formation, and community outreach. Based in Cebu, Primary Structures Educational Foundation, Inc. (PSEFI) provides ‘opportunities to marginalized out-of-school youths and adults, unemployed and displaced workers’ through educational scholarships and technical-vocational trainings, as explained by Chief Operating Officer Ms. Paulette Liu. LCF now has a total of 85 members with LFI and PSEFI on board.
In its constant effort to provide capacity-building opportunities for its members, the League also offered a learning session featuring two guest speakers – Ms. Marissa Camacho, a member of the LCF Advisory Council and Vice President for Partnerships Development of the Ramon Magsaysay Awards Foundation, and Ms. Fritz Beldad, Cash Solutions Manager of the Unionbank of the Philippines. Ms. Camacho introduced the project on ‘Strengthening the Capacity of Philippine Civil Society Organizations’ while Ms. Beldad presented Unionbank’s ‘U-Share’ campaign. (Learn more about U-Share by visiting http://ushare.unionbankph.com/)
The gathering also served as an Expo Thanksgiving celebration to honor the hard work of all the individuals and organizations who contributed to the success of the 2015 CSR Expo – event partners, members, secretariat, the committees, the advisory council and the board of trustees.
As this expo year closes, another opens as the League pushes forward towards more opportunities for partnerships and collaboration in 2016, to be led by the organization’s new set of Trustees:
- Ms. Carmen Linda M. Atayde (Executive Director for Education, SM Foundation, Inc.)
- Ms. Rina-Lopez Bautista (President and CEO, Knowledge Channel Foundation, Inc.)
- Ms. Fidelina A. Corcuera (Executive Director, BPI Foundation, Inc.)
- Mr. Roderick F. de Castro (Executive Director, TeaM Energy Foundation, Inc.)
- Mr. Ramon R. Derige (Vice President, Zuellig Family Foundation, Inc.)
- Ms. Monette Iturralde-Hamlin (President, TeamAsia)
- Mr. Chito S. Maniago (Executive Director, CEMEX Philippines Foundation; Director for Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, CEMEX Philippines)