|LCF Members Respond to Disaster|
In response to the recent monsoon rains and heavy floods, the members League of Corporate Foundations (LCF) have responded in kind through relief operations, donations, and services:
4. The Andres Soriano Foundation is donating P25,000 to Corporate Network for Disaster Response for its on-going relief operations.
5. Globe Telecom, through its flagship Corporate Social Responsibility program, Globe Bridging Communities (Globe BridgeCom) is conducting simultaneous relief operations in the following areas:
Employee-volunteers from Globe Telecom and partner-organizations will be distributing ready-to-eat food, canned goods, rice, assorted clothes and drinking water to an estimated 5,300 families temporarily seeking shelter at these evacuation centers. Meanwhile, Globe has maintained Libreng Tawag operations in the following areas:
6. Jollibee Foundation Coinbanks Now Accepting Funds for Flood-Affected FamiliesJollibee Foundation and Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC), the country's largest fast food chain, is partnering with the public in providing assistance to the thousands affected by flooding in Metro Manila and Luzon.
Those who want to donate cash can drop by at any JFC stores such as Jollibee, Greenwich, Chowking, Red Ribbon and Mang Inasal and use the Jollibee Foundation coinbanks found on the counters for this purpose. The fund campaign will continue as needed.
JFC and the Jollibee Foundation is also providing relief assistance through rice donations as well as Jollibee and Chowking products to families in evacuation centers, in coordination with GMA Kapuso Foundation, ABS-CBN Foundation and other relief agencies, and will continue to do so as necessary to help those in need.
Those who want to help may send their deposits through this bank account:
Metrobank Peso Savings Account
Account Name: Jollibee Foundation
Account Number: 473-7-47301404-8
Also, JF coinbanks found in all Jollibee, Chowking, Greenwich, Red Ribbon and Mang Inasal stores nationwide are available for customers who wish to donate for the victims of the massive flooding.
JFI have also donated to the following organizations:
7. Metrobank Foundation Group Chairman, Dr. George SK Ty has allocated Php 3M to be coursed through Non-government Organizations that are involved in immediate disaster relief. MBFI Executive Director Nicanor Torres has initially turned over part of the funds to the ABS-CBN Foundation’s Sagip Kapamilya (Php 500,000) and to GMA’s Kapuso Foundation (Php 500,000). Next to receive financial assistance is the Philippine Red Cross (Php 1,000,000), the TV5 Alagang Kapatid Foundation (Php 500,000) and the Federation of Filipino-Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc (Php 500,000).
Further, pursuant to the calls that we receive, Metrobank Foundation is accepting cash donations where the public can send in their help. Donations may be deposited at any Metrobank branch:
MBFI Calamity Fund Account number: 066-3-72154086-4
9. One Meralco Foundation is accepting donations to help families affected by the heavy rains. You may donate canned goods, water, crackers/biscuits or cash to our office in Meralco Center Ortigas. Call Rainier at 0908-8980562 or Reggie at 0939-9371324. You can also deposit your cash donations to One Meralco Foundation, Inc. (Banco de Oro Savings account number, 4630144474).
10. Pilipinas Shell Foundation donated to the victims of the recent calamity via CASH DONATION to the following foundations:
15. Toyota Motor Philippines Foundation has donated this afternoon Php 500k to the City of Government of Santa Rosa, Laguna.
(updated as of 17 August 2012)